Last week I was in Las Vegas for the NMX (New Media Expo) conference. I had the privilege of meeting Leo Laporte. Leo founded Twit Netcast Network in 2005. For all of you techies out there, check out his network at twit.tv.
Key points from Leo Laporte's Keynote:
- Passion. You have to be passionate about what you do.
- It's your journey and no one else's. Stick to your path and where you want to go and others will follow. In other words, you can't be all things to all people.
- Invest in your future. If you don't nobody else will.
- Continually connect and engage with your audience in a meaningful way.
- Build your community and educate them.
- Make it easy for people to connect and work with you.
- Build a better community not a bigger one.